The West Coast is the Best Coast: Your Guide to Vancouver, B.C.
Since 2012, we have called Vancouver, British Columbia our home. We anticipated that we would only stay in the city for about 3 years, had no idea we would be here for so long, let alone become citizens!
We consider ourselves city folk so we had no problem adapting to downtown living and have a new found love of the great outdoors. We want to share with you our top picks on places to visit around our city, #VanCity
• Go swimming at Second Beach Pool in Stanley Park.
• Rent a bike from Reckless (110 Davie Street) The Sea Wall has 22km of biking path surrounding the city and it will take you along the path of amazing beaches and parks around the city.
• Take a Free Tour of Granville Market on Granville Island everyday at 3:15p with Tour Guys, better yet take the ferry to the island you might spot an otter or seal!
• Check out the bad and bougee shops on Robson Street
• Bar hop in our Gay District on Davie Street
• Party it up on Granville Street. The streets usually close to traffic around 10p on Friday’s and Saturday’s.
• Be a warrior and hike the Grouse Grind. Be aware this is for people who have a high workout endurance.
• Visit Canada Place to see the big cruise ships
• Visit Dr. Sun Yet Park, a traditional Chinese garden
• We have several Beaches but Wreck Beach is clothing optional.
• Slide in the ocean at Sunset Beach, Looks like fun! You can also rent a paddle board.
• Lynn Canyon in North Vancouver has hiking trails, a suspension bridge and natural pools of water to chill in.
• Book a Whale Watching on our former capital, Vancouver Island.
• Rainforest Tours & Hikes
• Visit the Aquarium at Stanley Park